For this starter build, there are Bane and Contagion for you to choose from, you can select a more suitable one according to your game style. The build is tanky enough and has good damage and a high-intensity endgame.
+ Very High Damage output
+ Decently tanky, safe to play
+ Can do any map mods
+ All Content
+ HC Viable
+ Very versatile, a lot of utility options
+ Decently fast clear speed, fun playstyle rushing from pack to pack
+ League starting is possible due to good damage output
+ Great boss killer, can do any boss
-Cannot reliably do no-regen maps
-Not quite beginner-friendly and takes time to learn all mechanics and gearing in the build (but worry not, this guide is designed comprehensively so that beginners can follow through)
-Min-maxing with double corruptions is very expensive for high-end gear, and build only shines with certain investments and at higher levels
-Essence Drain can miss against fast-moving bosses, has very limited AoE and requires re-casting the skill sometimes
Ascendancy: Void Beacon-Profane Bloom-Malediction-Withering Presence
Shaper & Hard Boss: Soul of Lunaris /Soul of Solaris and Soul of Tukohama/Ralakesh
Mapping: Soul of Lunaris Minor Gods and Soul of Garukhan/Ryslatha
Bandit: Kill All
* All gems are at 20% quality unless otherwise stated.
* Most gems are best to have at lv 21, but usually, lv 20 is enough.
* Arcane Surge should be at lv 7 to proc after 1 Bane cast. Empower lv 3 or 4 is fine. Any gems gated by Str/Dex requirement can be leveled up to the limit.
Cane of Unravelling, Carcass Jack, Solstice Vigil, Mark of the Shaper
+1 to Level of Socketed Gems
Can have up to 3 Crafted Modifiers
+2 to Level of Socketed Support Gems
+39% to Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier
15% increased Chaos Damage
18% increased Cast Speed
10% chance to gain Arcane Surge when you Kill an Enemy
* 12% to Fire and Lightning Resistances
* Grants Level 20 Aspect of the Spider Skill
* 12% increased Rarity of Items found
* +35% to Fire Resistance
* +44% to Lightning Resistance
* +3 Mana gained for each Enemy hit by your Attacks
* +46 to maximum Life
* Find "#%increased Area of Effect", life and resis mod on other items
If you cannot afford a Watcher's Eye Prismatic Jewel with
+x% to Damage over Time Multiplier while affected by Malevolence
Gain +x% of Maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield while affected by Clarity
any rare jewel with
x% inc max ES and chaos dmg/resistance/Strength can be obtained instead. An abyss jewel for stygian vise should give some flat ES amount, damage over time if possible, and even resistance or to fulfill strength requirement.
A defensive Watcher's Eye with
"x% increased ES recovery rate by Discipline"
"y% increased life and ES recovery rate by Malevolence".
These 2 mods will greatly boost the ES recharge rate (and we take advantage of our total life pool to further boost ES regen/recharge through this combination of mods). For the life-based variant instead of the Discipline mod, you can get more damage with chaos damage over time multiplier + Malevolence mod, but will be very expensive and not worth it.
* The essence on the helmet is not necessary to absorb damage, there are various options.
* If you have been attacked recently, the boots restore 2% of life and mana every second.
* Gloves Trigger Decree of Frost on kill
In the process of building, you may need POE Currency. You can come to POECurrency.com for help, because POECurrency.com focuses on providing various currencies of the POE series, so you can find almost anything you need here. And more surprisingly, you can buy POE Currency you need at a low price, which is what players are looking for.